AICP certification is the only nationwide, independent verification of planners’ qualifications. Earn the AICP credential and colleagues and employers will know that you have the academic qualifications, relevant work experience, and mastery of essential skills required to serve your community effectively.
This page includes information about:
- earning Certification Maintenance (CM) credits as an AICP professional and
- preparing to take the AICP Exam.
Earn CM Credits
AICP certified planners are required to complete 32 hours of continuing education in planning every two years, including credits related to law and ethics. Any planner can benefit from attending or tuning in to these CM programs. You do not need to have your AICP certification to participate. Many programs are free or low-cost. Increasingly, programs are available online and on demand.
Law video from the 2015 Upper Midwest Conference appears to no longer be available for CM credit as of May 11, 2018. We are checking into it and will repost the link to the video if it is still good for CM.
Both the law and ethics courses are on demand and free.
- Planning and the Opioid Epidemic (Law CM, on demand; YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qweX8iQVHDk)
- On Demand: Ethics Case of the Year, presented by Philip Farrington. Ethics CM: 1.5 credits (#9103490)
Find sessions you attended at recent APA-WI conferences for your CM log:
- Search for Fall 2016 conference sessions: https://planning.org/events/eventmulti/9111673/)
- Search for the Fall 2017 conference sessions: https://planning.org/events/eventmulti/9133267/
- APA AICP CM page
- APA CM On Demand (multiple providers, free and fee-based)
- Wisconsin sites for web-based CM programs
- Free Friday Webinars (offered by a consortium of APA Chapters, including Wisconsin, including an on demand law and and on demand ethics course)
AICP Exam Prep
AICP Exam Review Materials
AICP Exam Review Series – Planning Webcast
- Public Participation
- Functional Areas of Planning
- Exam Overview and Spatial Planning
- Quantitative Methods
- Plan Making and Implementation
AICP Exam Administration
- AICP Exam Application Information
- AICP Exam Fee Scholarship – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in being considered (one per year is available)