AICP certification is the only nationwide, independent verification of planners’ qualifications. Earn the AICP credential and colleagues and employers will know that you have the academic qualifications, relevant work experience, and mastery of essential skills required to serve your community effectively.
This page includes information about:
- earning Certification Maintenance (CM) credits as an AICP professional and
- preparing to take the AICP Exam.
Earn CM Credits
AICP certified planners are required to complete 32 hours of continuing education in planning every two years, including credits related to law and ethics. Any planner can benefit from attending or tuning in to these CM programs. You do not need to have your AICP certification to participate. Many programs are free or low-cost. Increasingly, programs are available online and on demand.
Law and Ethics videos posted from the 2015 Upper Midwest Conference (check on availability on the AICP CM page to confirm that CM credit is still available for these videos):
- Real Ethical Dilemmas and how to avoid ethics traps – Lee Brown 1.5 CM Ethics Credits
- Summary of Recent Planning-related Federal and Upper Midwest Court Cases and Legislation 1.5 CM Law Credits (CM #9012932)
Find the Fall 2016 sessions for you CM log:
Search for “Planning for Prosperity” (try this link: https://planning.org/events/eventmulti/9111673/)
- APA AICP CM page
- APA CM On Demand (multiple providers, free and fee-based)
- Wisconsin sites for web-based CM programs
- Free Friday Webinars (offered by a consortium of APA Chapters, including Wisconsin)
AICP Exam Review
AICP Exam Review Materials
AICP Exam Administration
- AICP Exam Application Information
- AICP Exam Fee Scholarship – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in being considered